If you have any troubles please contact Andrea or Volker.
Our autoclave has a storage tank for de-ionized water. Make sure that it is filled up with de-ionized water before autoclaving (open the corresponding water tap and open the security shut-off). If it is not filled the autoclave will tell you: not ready!
- Fill in the log book that is on the right hand side of the autoclave.
- Switch on the autoclave.
- Press OEFFNEN, to open the door.
- Fill the autoclave with your stuff and place the flexible temperature sensor correctly:
- for solid material (plastic tubes, glass pipettes etc.) put it in the holder in the machine,
- for liquid material put it into liquid in a reference bottle of the SAME SIZE as the bottle that you want to autoclave.
- Close the door, in the display you will see: READY (if it says not ready please fill the storage tank with water).
- Choose the correct program:
- press menu: a new window opens: choose SELECT CYCLE by pressing set, move up and down with the arrow buttons to choose the correct program (see table) and press set
- Choose the program that you want to run:
# Program Temperature (°C) Time (min) Dry time (min) Final temperature (°C) 1 Instruments only 121 20 0 120 2 Instruments only 121 20 0 120 3 Instruments only 121 20 0 120 4 Waste (bags) 121 20 0 99 5 Waste (bags) 134 20 0 99 6 Liquid waste 121 20 0 80 7 Liquid waste 121 20 0 80 8 Liquids 121 15 0 80 9 Liquids 121 30 0 80 10 Liquids 121 20 0 80 11 Liquids 121 15 0 80 12 Cleaning 134 1 0 120
- If you want to change any of those settings please come to Andrea and ask! Don’t do it yourselves. In case the autoclave asks you for a code: it is 1000.
- Press start and the autoclave will start autoclaving!
Please sign in the logbook whenever you are using the autoclave.